We’re delighted to tell you that we’re busy preparing for Monday 1st June when we will open our doors for the first time since the start of lockdown.
We’ve followed Government guidance closely and we’ve been putting in place all the necessary measures and safeguards to be able to welcome children back to the nursery next week.
Children’s mental, social and physical development is crucial at this young age, and having to stay at home for long periods can have a harmful effect on them – especially in an urban area where many families don’t have access to open spaces and fresh air.
That’s why it’s so important that we re-open safely as soon as we can. The safety of the children, their families and our staff remains our priority, so we are currently risk assessing our environments, practices and procedures according to the latest guidelines from the Government, the Department for Education and the Health and Safety Executive.
Among the safety measures we’ve put in place are:
- carefully managed arrival and departure times to enable social distancing
- only one parent to drop off or collect their child
- the entrance at the front of the church will be used to facilitate social distancing
- hand washing on arrival
- increased regular assisted hand washing
- daily cleaning of all equipment and frequently touched surfaces
- increased use of Holland Park, taking activities outside where possible
- small staggered groups at meal and snack times using all space available
- encouraging good respiratory hygiene
Our colleagues will have personal protective equipment (PPE) available and we’ve purchased special hands-free sanitiser dispensers for the nursery.
Our opening hours are currently limited to 9am to 12 noon. We are not currently providing lunches for the children, so parents whose children are staying for lunch are asked to bring a packed lunch in a wipeable container before the child is collected at 1pm.
If you would like to enquire about a place for your child at Happy Hearts Nursery please send an email to email@example.com.